Yesterday I showed you the results of my play time with new watercolors, new watercolor paper, and a new stamp. I really wanted to turned the beautiful watercolored stamped images into card, but wasn’t sure how I wanted to proceed. Then as it would happen, I watched a video by Amy Rysavy. I thought her cards were so beautiful and I wanted my images to have a pretty layout like hers. Along with the front of the card, I decorated the inside of the card and the envelope I made for each card.
This was a fun technique. I stamped and embossed the images on Neenah Desert Storm card stock. Then I watercolored the images with white pigment ink. Finally I watercolored the images with Distress Inks. I love the pretty pastel result.
I’m a huge fan of Art Impressions Watercolor stamps!! These amazing stamps make it so easy to create a beautiful watercolored scene. After watching a video by Bonnie Krebs, I used a variety of Art Impression stamps to create this card. Once the art work was complete I mounted it on Kraft card stock.
Strathmore 300 Series 140-pound cold press watercolor paper
I recently purchased a new set of waterbased brush pens called MozArt Brush Pens. I watched a few video reviews prior to making the purchase. I was looking for something similar to the Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers only not as costly. The thing about these pens that really interested me is the fact that there are refills available.
I tried my new pens out on this card. The colors are really vibrant, in fact maybe too vibrant for my liking. Strong primary colors seem to be what the 20-pen set is made up of. I’m not 100% sure that I’m happy with the pens, but I will keep using them and hope to learn to like them.
This layering stamp made by Rubbernecker is a bit difficult to line up (at least for me). I think I’ve finally got it worked out and the MISTI stamp positioner was what saved the day for me. I used Distress markers colored directly onto the stamp with a spritz of water before stamping them on the watercolor paper. Once the stamping was completed, I splattered some Distress Ink, Heidi Swap gold Color Shine and some water on the watercolor paper. I also blended some Distress Ink for the background.