This month’s wall of JOY project was an interesting undertaking. I purchased this watercolor canvas at my local craft store on clearance. It had the flowers embossed so you should have been able to watercolor just the flowers easily. The problem was the kind of paper the canvas was made from. I know it wasn’t canvas and it sure wasn’t watercolor paper (even though the packaging said it was watercolor). I had to work really hard with my Distress Inks to get the color on it. I hand wrote the letters JOY on watercolor paper and painted them gold with my Gansi Tambi Starry Colors watercolors. I also applied a coat of Wink of Stella to help them shimmer.
- Embossed Watercolor Canvas (no longer available)
- Distress Ink used for watercoloring
- Scrap of Strathmore 300 Series 140-pound cold press watercolor paper (for the letter J-O-Y)
- Kuretaki Gansai Tambi Starry Colors Watercolors (6-color set)
- Zig Clear Glitter Wink of Stella