I saw an art print in a shop recently and wondered if I could make something similar in card form. I used Old Paper Distress Ink to blend the background. Then my background stamp was embossed with gold embossing powder. The butterflies were watercolored with Distress Ink. I also made a border around the card base with gold embossing powder to match the embossing on the card.
- Neenah Classic Crest 80 pound Smooth Solar White Card Stock (card base)
- Strathmore 300 Series 140-pound cold press watercolor paper (for butterflies)
- Distress Ink used for watercoloring and background blending
- Rubbernecker: Butterflies are Free stamp set
- Heidi Swapp (bottom image): Script background stamp
- Simon Says Stamp: Ultra Fine Antique Gold embossing powder