Recently I watched an interesting video by Jennifer McGuire on the technique called Distress Ink Lifting. The basics of the technique are to use water and a paintbrush to ‘lift’ the ink color from the image. To accomplish this, I blended several shades of blue Distress Ink on to watercolor paper. I stamped my images and white heat embossed them. Using a wet paintbrush I applied the water to the stamped images and used a paper towel to blot up the water from the images.
- Jennifer’s You Tube video
- Strathmore 300 Series 140-pound cold press
- Neenah Classic Crest 80 pound Smooth Solar White Card Stock (card base)
- Distress Ink for blending
- wplus9: Sunshine Layers die set
- Simon Says Stamp: Spring Flowers stamp set