After Christmas last year, I was able to purchase this beautiful stained glass rubber stamp on clearance. I was so delighted to make a Christmas card with it for this year. I used Distress Inks to watercolor the stamped image. I also added iridescent medium to my inks to create a lovely shimmer effect. It almost looks like light is being reflected through the window.
I also made an envelope to put the card in. I tore some freezer paper to create the sloped effect and taped it down to my work surface with painter’s tape. Then I used Distress Inks to sponge the color onto the envelope. Finally I stamped and embossed the image. I really like the way it turned out.
- Strathmore 300 Series 140-pound cold press watercolor paper
- Card: cut and scored to 5.5 by 4.5 inches
- Envelope: created on We R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board
- Distress Ink used as watercolors and ink blending
- Hero Arts: Stained Glass Window stamp
- Stampendous: Nativity Christmas stamp set