I am in the process of creating tiny little cards (2.5 by 3.5 inches) to help brighten the day of people I encounter who seem to be having a bad day or a rough time of it. I hope to just hand them the card and give them a smile!!
On this H.U.G. I used the smooshing technique following the Technique of the Week tutorial at the Facebook group called Distress Ink Techniques. The Distress Ink colors used were: Twisted Citron, Mermaid Lagoon, and Squeezed Lemonade. I tried watercoloring the tiny stamped images with Distress Inks, but it just wasn’t showing up. I ended up using my gel pens to color the tiny images.
This is the H.U.G. that almost wasn’t!! I had a scrap of watercolor paper laying on my desk and used that to try out a blending of my three favorite Distress Ink colors: Peacock Feathers, Picked Raspberry, and Mustard Seed. I decided to go with watercoloring instead of blending on the project I was working on, so I just left this blended scrap of paper on my desk. The more I looked at the more I liked it, so I decided to make it into a H.U.G. I chose to keep the stamping to a minimum to show off the pretty blending of colors.
- Distress Inks used as watercolors: Twisted Citron, Mermaid Lagoon, Squeezed Lemonade
- Distress Inks used for blending: Peacock Feathers, Picked Raspberry, and Mustard Seed
- Strathmore 300 Series 140-pound cold press watercolor paper
- Simon Says Stamp: You stamp set
- Inkadinkado: For the Envelope stamp set
- Stampendous: Seaside Chair stamp set