Recently I came up with a ‘HAPPY’ idea! I decided to create a bunch of tiny cards to cheer up, thank, or brighten someone’s day. Often when I’m out and about I run into someone (like a store clerk) who is having a rough time. I would like to just hand them a pretty little watercolored card to brighten their day and let them know I appreciate them. Or when someone does something nice for me and it was totally unexpected.
I am in the process of creating the tiny cards which measure just 2.5 by 3.5 inches. I thought I would just make a bunch and carry them in my purse for anytime I wanted to give them away. So for today I am sharing the first two ‘HUGS’ (Happy, Upbeat GreetingS). I will share more as I create them.
I’ll also be sharing the stories associated with the HUGS cards when I give them away.
- Strathmore watercolor paper (140 pound-cold press) cut to 2.5 by 3.5 inches
- Distress Inks for watercoloring
- Prismacolor Premier colored pencils for shading
- Stampendous – CSD04 stamp set (no longer available)
- Hero Arts – Friends stamp set
- Sizzix – Windows stamp set
- Sunny Studio – Backyard Bugs stamp set
- Art Impressions – With a Friend Window stamp